Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A Sign of the Times
World War I Recruiting Poster
History Database Center
Research Strategy for American History
This guide is organized to help you in the research process, which usually proceeds from general sources to more specific ones.
STEP 1: Begin with Reference Sources (print and online) for background information
STEP 2: Find Books (overviews and monographs)
STEP 3: Look for articles in Newspapers, Magazines, or Journals
STEP 4: Search for Primary Sources (such as letters) written at the time of your topic
Ask Us! Text, Email, or Chat with a Librarian
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (on class days)
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 6:00
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows the PEA community to borrow items that we do not own from another library. Books and articles are the most commonly requested materials.
Here's what you need to know...
- All requests should be made using the ILL form.
- You may request up to 5 books. Once those are returned, you may request more.
- There is no limit to the number of articles you may request. Please be reasonable.
- Requested books may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
- You will be notified by email once an item arrives.
- ILL items are picked-up and returned to the Circulation Desk.
- You are responsible to adhering to the due date set by the lending library.
- Ms. Lennon Walker can answer questions about ILL.
Library purchase request form. Mr. Roy, Acquisitions Librarian
Academy Archives request form. Ms. Lawhorn, Academy Archivist